- Go to the home screen of your phone. Make sure no apps are open on your screen.
- Press the dedicated off-screen [Menu] button. It is located near the [Home] button on your phone. Go to, Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications.
- Search for and click on the application you downloaded whether it was SafeTREC or SafeKidZone.
- Click on the grey Uninstall > OK > OK.
- Now open your Android Market. This is available in the folder listing all of your applications. Search for your appropriate application, SafeKidZone or SafeTREC. Choose to install it by selecting Free > OK. It will download and install.
- Find the app in your folder of applications and open it. You may be tasked to login. Do so and your app will be up and running. The Android Market will tell you if updates are available.
- Automatic Updating – Find your app in the Android Market. When you open it in the Android Market, there is a check box with the ability to “Allow Automatic Updating”. Checking that will keep your SafeKidZone or SafeTREC app constantly updated with the latest safety protection features.
Our Android application was originally installed directly to phones. This would not allow for simple upgrades. The quick fix is to delete it from your phone and reinstall it using the Android Market. This will open the door to allowing easy upgrades of your application. To remove the old version follow the steps below:
May 20, 2011