SafeKidZone complies with CTIA’s Best Practices and Guidelines for Location-Based Services, (http://www.ctia.org/content/index.cfm/AID/11300)
MobileTrec, Inc. (“SafeKidZone”) values the privacy of our customers, users, and others who use the mobile phone applications, www.SafeKidZone.com, and other web sites, services, and content (e.g., widgets, feeds, and applications) owned or operated by MobileTrec Inc. as SafeKidZone (the “SafeKidZone Services“) (such customers or users, collectively or individually, “Users“). This Privacy Notice governs the SafeKidZone Services.
The great majority of our Users will use the SafeKidZone Services for harmless and safety purposes. However, please note that by its very nature, your location information is subject to abuse, misuse, and over-monitoring by others including, perhaps, by your friends, family, or acquaintances. Please manage your own mobile and profile privacy preferences on the SafeKidZone Services, on an ongoing basis, accordingly.
SafeKidZone is not responsible for the personally identifiable, profile, or location information that you choose to disclose publicly on the SafeKidZone Service.
This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected through the SafeKidZone Services. SafeKidZone provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using the SafeKidZone Services.
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES AND CONSENTS:
- Data and messaging (including SMS text messages) plans are required to use the SafeKidZone Services. SafeKidZone requires the use of SMS text messages. Standard data and messaging charges, fees, and taxes from your carrier apply.
- To provide SafeKidZone, we collect, maintain, use, and display your personal data and the geographic location of your mobile device (we call this location fix of your mobile device ” location information” or “geo-location“).
- SafeKidZone shows your phone’s current geo-location to your selected “SafeKidZone friends” – on most phones, this location sharing occurs even when the SafeKidZone app is not open and running, but is always controlled by your privacy settings.
In order to subscribe to the SafeKidZone Services, you must consent to: (a) the use of your phone’s location to provide SafeKidZone to you, including the display & disclosure of that location information to your SafeKidZone friends and within your geo-tagged messages & content; (b) receive text messages; and (c) pay carrier data, messaging, & other fees resulting from SafeKidZone usage.
SafeKidZone Services default privacy settings are set for the way that most Users use SafeKidZone, we save your password for the phone application, your phone’s geo-location is updated automatically, and that location information is displayed to your SafeKidZone friends only when SafeKidZone is opened and running on your phone. Changing these settings is easy – just manage your preferences via the SafeKidZone.com Web site.
THE INFORMATION SAFEKIDZONE COLLECTS:
- “REGISTRATION INFORMATION”: You provide to SafeKidZone certain personally-identifiable information (such as mobile phone number, wireless carrier / operator, your name, email address, phone number, date of birth, password, etc.) when choosing to subscribe to the SafeKidZone Services.
- “PROFILE INFORMATION”: When using the SafeKidZone Services you provide certain other personal information and content – such as name, date of birth, picture, blood type, etc. – that will be private displayed to your family safety network in accordance with your privacy and opt-in settings.
- “LOCATION INFORMATION”: To provide the SafeKidZone Services, we derive location information from your wireless carrier, certain third-party service providers, or directly from the mobile device that you used to register with SafeKidZone. This location tracking of your mobile device may occur even when the SafeKidZone mobile application is not actively open and running, but your location is displayed and shared with others only in accordance with your privacy and opt-in settings.
- “COOKIES, PERSISTENT FILE INFORMATION”: When you use the SafeKidZone Services, we may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer. SafeKidZone may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your web browser and may be used by us during your subsequent visits to the SafeKidZone Web site. Persistent cookies set by the SafeKidZone Web site can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- “LOG FILE INFORMATION”: When you use the SafeKidZone Services, our servers automatically record certain information about your usage from your mobile device and web browser. These server logs may include information such as a mobile device identification number and device identifier, web requests, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, features used in the SafeKidZone mobile application, the number of messages and friend requests related to your profile, the amount of time spent on particular web pages, the dates and times of your requests, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- “INVITE-A-FRIEND INFORMATION”: If you choose to use our invite-a-friend feature, then SafeKidZone will ask you for your friend’s mobile phone number or email address. If you provide a friend’s mobile phone number, then SafeKidZone will automatically send to that friend a one-time text message or email inviting your friend to join the SafeKidZone Service and to add you as their friend. If your friend’s phone number is on a wireless provider and/or mobile device that is not supported by SafeKidZone, then your friend will not receive this text message until their wireless provider and/or mobile device supports the SafeKidZone Services. If you provide a friend’s email address, then SafeKidZone will automatically send that friend a one-time email inviting your friend to register on the SafeKidZone website. Your friend may contact SafeKidZone at contact@SafeKidZone.com to request that SafeKidZone remove this information from our systems, or simply reply with STOP to any SafeKidZone friend-invitation text message to opt-out of receiving future invitations via text message.
THE WAY SAFEKIDZONE USES INFORMATION:
- SafeKidZone uses your personally identifiable, registration, profile, and location information to operate, maintain, and provide to you and other Users all of the features and functionality of the SafeKidZone Service.
- To provide the basic functionality of the SafeKidZone Services – such as displaying your live location to your friends on the Map or alerting your friends when you are nearby or need help – SafeKidZone maintains for its use each User’s most recent location fix and location history. If Users choose to “geo-tag” certain content or data with location information – such as journal (i.e., blog) entries, broadcasts, events, favorite places – then SafeKidZone maintains these user-created geo-tags for so long as the applicable content remains on SafeKidZone’s systems.
- SafeKidZone uses your personally identifiable, location, and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous log file information) to track and analyze User preferences and trends in order to improve the quality and design of the SafeKidZone Services and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services.
- SafeKidZone uses a third-party data source to verify that your mobile phone number is on a wireless provider supported by SafeKidZone. If you have a supported mobile phone number and device, then SafeKidZone sends a text message to your phone in order to verify your custody of that handset. If your carrier or handset is not supported, then SafeKidZone stores your mobile phone number and will send out a one-time text message to you when the SafeKidZone Service does become available on your wireless provider and/or handset.
- SafeKidZone uses your email address or mobile number from time-to-time for non-marketing or administrative purposes such as sending privacy or security related notices, notifying you of major SafeKidZone Services changes, or for other customer service purposes.
- SafeKidZone may use your email address or mobile number from time-to-time for marketing purposes such as sending special offers, notices, discounts, and other promotional offers.
- SafeKidZone uses your personally identifiable, registration, profile, and location information to personalize and serve in-service advertisements specifically to you and your interests. For example, if you put a favorite band in your profile, then we might serve you an advertisement highlighting the concert of a similar band playing in your city. However, we do not disclose who you are to the music company.
- SafeKidZone does not use your personally identifiable information or location information to send commercial or marketing SMS text messages or email messages to you without your express consent or unless if you have opted-in to be part of a specific program or feature in accordance with the applicable SafeKidZone Services consent procedures.
WHEN SAFEKIDZONE DISCLOSES INFORMATION:
- SafeKidZone discloses aggregate, anonymous log file and usage information in reports to interested third parties to assist those parties in understanding the usage patterns and perfomance results of certain advertisements, content, services, promotions, or features. For example, we may provide aggregate-level reports to an advertising partner for the purpose of showing delivery and performance statistics of a specific advertising campaign.
- SafeKidZone may release personally identifiable, registration, profile, or location information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
- SafeKidZone does not share your personally identifiable information or personally-identifiable location information with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your express consent or unless you have opted-in to be part of a specific program or feature in accordance with the applicable SafeKidZone Services consent procedures.
You may update, correct, or delete your privacy settings and profile information at any time via the SafeKidZone mobile application or Web site. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY:
SafeKidZone uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information that SafeKidZone receives on your behalf to operate the SafeKidZone Services or that you transmit to SafeKidZone and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If SafeKidZone learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. SafeKidZone may post a notice on the SafeKidZone Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, SafeKidZone does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the SafeKidZone Services from persons under 14 years-of-age. IF YOU ARE UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SAFEKIDZONE SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. If SafeKidZone learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 14-years-of-age has been collected on the SafeKidZone Services without verifiable parental consent, then SafeKidZone will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 14 has obtained a SafeKidZone Services account, then you may alert SafeKidZone at contact@SafeKidZone.com and request that SafeKidZone delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
Parents, the following are some resources that may help you in understanding and guiding your children’s access to the Internet. While SafeKidZone does not endorse these sites or products, we provide the following information as a public service to our Users.
- OnGuard Online (maintained by Federal Trade Commission) http://onguardonline.gov/socialnetworking.html
- ConnectSafely.org: http://www.connectsafely.org
- SafeKids.com: http://safekids.com
- NetFamilyNews.org: http://www.netfamilynews.org
- WebWiseKids.org: http://www.webwisekids.org
- Center for Safe and Responsible Internet Use: http://www.csriu.org
- GetNetWise.org: http://getnetwise.org
- Net Nanny: http://www.netnanny.com
The SafeKidZone Services are hosted in the United States and are intended for United States visitors. If you are using the SafeKidZone Services from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.
THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS AND AD-SERVING COMPANIES:
IN THE EVENT OF MERGER, SALE, OR BANKRUPTCY:
In the event that SafeKidZone is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control so that the SafeKidZone Service can continue operations. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used. You will be notified via notice through the SafeKidZone Services of any such change in ownership or control of your personally identifiable information.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE:
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically without further notice to you and this will be reflected by the “last modified” notice below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received that personal information. Your continued use of the SafeKidZone Services constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions. If we decide to change our privacy policies, then we will post those changes to this Privacy Notice, and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of personal information you have provided to us, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you and obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information. If we make such material changes to this policy, then we will notify you here in this Privacy Notice, by email, or by means of a notice on the SafeKidZone Services home page.
EFFECTIVE DATE, DATE LAST MODIFIED:
SafeKidZone Privacy Notice effective as of January 14, 2010.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact our Privacy Manager at contact@SafeKidZone.com.
PLEASE CONTACT OUR PRIVACY MANAGER AT contact@SafeKidZone.com OR BY POSTAL MAIL AT MobileTREC , CORPORATION., 14622 VENTURA BLVD, SHERMAN OAKS, CA 91403 WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ABOUT THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. WE WILL RESPOND TO YOUR INQUIRY WITHIN 30 DAYS OF ITS RECEIPT.